What is the GDPR and how does it affect you?
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and it’s a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
It affects you if you’re a business owner that collects data (email list, for instance) or owns a website that tracks visitors (like Google Analytics) and some of your traffic is from the EU.
Do YOU have to do anything?
Yes. Heather Campbell from the Legal Website Warrior complied this extremely handy informational PDF that explains the GDPR and how you can make sure you’re compliant with new practices.
There’s a handy 5-point check list for what exactly you have to do to comply, and she’s generously provided this free of charge.
As the new laws and regulations go into effect on May 25, 2018 (that’s this Friday) we are getting an influx of requests from people to help get their websites up-to-date with what needs to be happening.
We’ve put together a package for anyone wanting a little extra help with making sure you website is compliant. See the details below:
GET GDPR READY – $99 USD or $125 CDN
What We’ll Do
- To do this, we’ll need to administrative access to your WordPress website and install a plugin to easily insert Headers into your site without messing up your code.
What You’ll Do
- Consent and provide us with login information to your WordPress Website
- Provide us with the information about your brand and placement location of the Cookie Law (we’ll send out a quick + handy questionnaire on this)
What this Offer is NOT
- This is not a strategy call, or information session about GDPR. It is expected if you’re purchasing the package that you understand what you’re required to do, and just need the process implemented
- We are not responsible for your data or for you complying to these requirements further than inserting the code onto your header file. Inserting this code does not mean you are indemnified from future data laws nor does it mean you’re fully complying with the data laws. It is up to you to ensure you’re taken the appropriate steps after you’ve received data from website users from the EU or otherwise and participating in this offer does not transfer that responsibility to Simply Elaborate.
When we’ll do it
- We’ll insert the code within 48 business hours of receiving payment and our required information (you’ll fill out a questionnaire with all the information).
- Afterwards, and upon approval and confirmation, we’ll delete your data and request you re-set your password